Tutorial for installing a mod (Darkness Falls, Ravenhearst)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello everyone,

There are often questions about how to install mods and which method is the best. There are several ways to install a mod, either through the mod launcher or manually. Here, I explain my preferred method, which I always use and is not too complicated.

Option 1: Game Copy (Manual Installation)

After you have freshly installed your 7 Days to Die game via Steam, go to the folder where you installed it, for example, by default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common".

There you will find the folder named "7 Days To Die". Right-click on it and select "Copy".
    Paste it into the window on the white space (not into a folder).
    This will copy your freshly installed 7 Days To Die game into a new folder named "7 Days To Die - Copy".
    You can rename this folder if you wish.

Why make a copy of the main game? Of course, you can also install the mod directly into the main game. However, it is recommended to create a copy for the following reasons: You always have a clean 7 Days to Die. Your mod is excluded from automatic updates performed by Steam. Now, create a folder named "Mods" in your 7 Days to Die copy.

Open the mod you downloaded and want to install. Let's take Darkness-Fallsv5.0.rar as an example, which is in my Download folder.

In this rar/zip file, you will find the mod. All files in the rar/zip file must be copied into the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die - Copy\Mods".

Done. Your mod is installed. Please note that if you want to play the mod, do not start the game via Steam. Instead, launch it from the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die - Copy". You can also create a shortcut to the 7DaysToDie.exe on your desktop and rename it.

That was my method for installing 7 Days to Die mods, and I hope I could help you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!